Wicken Fen (UK wetland) updated

Wicken Fen is the most famous wetland in the UK and Europe. I went there on a field trip for an assignment I was doing while studying GCSE Geography. For me, field trips were my favourite part of studying Geography! I was already familiar with mainland Britain but Geography gave us the impetus to go to places and areas that one might not go to otherwise on holiday. It's also different when you go to an area with purpose ie you are trying to find out facts, information and do some simple, geographical research, complete with photos! 📷 It's when you do Geography field trips that you realise mainland Britain is very beautiful and has more variety of landscape (including fascinating land formations) and nature than is superficially apparent when you just go on holiday to the beach. 

There are wetlands in and around London but Wicken Fen is special! If you haven't been to Wicken Fen yet, I urge you to go because it is an amazing experience! 

While looking for photos, I found my Geography GCSE tutor marked assignment on Wicken Fen and my field trip there. So I thought I'd include it here, together with the photos of when I was there:

















Comments