#PoWNatureChallenge Recreate a Miniature Kew Gardens!



Here's my miniature Kew Garden I created for the #PoWNatureChallenge. I went out into my garden in my wellies and gloves to protect me from thorns, equipped with scissors (it's winter and I couldn't find my gardening clippers) and snipped off tree branches, leaves from bushes and climbers, berries, and varous foliage that I liked and thought would look aesthetically pleasing as an arrangement. I collected them in a food bag to carry them in and then arranged them indoors using a floral craft dry foam brick. My resulting miniature garden is also designed as a cross between a floral-arrangement style display (hence the different leaf textures, shapes colours and foliage heights) and a small-scale version of Kew Gardens! πŸŒΏπŸŒΏπŸƒ 

I really enjoyed this challenge because it's the first time I've done a floral or foliage arrangement to create a mini-garden design. I bought a few craft blocks for floral arranging years ago but never got around to it so used one for this task. I also love pottering about in my garden. It's so relaxing and you are never alone because you are always surrounded by wildlife and birds. You can forget about everything going on around πŸ™‚πŸŒ³πŸŒ±πŸŒΏπŸƒπŸ•·πŸžπŸπŸ›πŸŒπŸ¦πŸΎand breathe in fresh air! Something people don't appreciate - they prefer to pollute the air with barbeques, change their front gardens into mini-car parks and backgardens into out-buildings or sheds.

I love Kew Gardens, it's such an inspiring place to go and study plants and flowers. My mother took me there from an early age because she has always been interested in botany. While there, I became totally absorbed in walking around and doing botanical drawings which she encouraged me to do. She didn't expect me to take so long over every plant and detail though! I didn't really notice the humidity in the greenhouses as a kid! I remember being very small and the plants being toweringly tall! It's so surreal, rather like being Alice in Wonderland! I always feel there is never enough time to take everything in and draw all the plants etc at Kew Gardens that you want. Ideally, there would be an hotel on-site so visitors could stay there for a week and just spend all their time walking around enjoying Kew Gardens and Kew Palace and doing a whole sketchbook of drawingsπŸ–πŸ–Ό✏! Oh, sounds like bliss to me....


 














Comments