Spring in my Garden


Here's a photo πŸ“· I took of a budding tree branch in my garden, late March when the weather was nice and warm🌞, unlike now☁! There's quite a few of these sprouting in my garden and they provide a cheerful colour at this time of the year, when things are budding but there's less foliage around. Although now the trees are finally turning green too! πŸ™‚πŸŒΏ In this photo you can see various stages of this process simultaneously. It's surprising how quickly the budding process takes place. The day after taking this, its leaves had fully come out! It starts by looking like a dot on a branch. Then, as you can see here, it starts to form a pink-red bud which then opens up revealing the green shoots within. These rapidly develop into small leaves which burst out of the bud and continue to grow into the distinctive green leaves seen here, with a tinge of red. I love watching this process daily! The trees are tall but slim and I have no idea how they got there. I didn't plant them and they weren't always here. They just sprang up quickly one day when I stopped constantly cutting them down to make the path wider. I was surprised they wanted to grow in that location and so quickly because they have very little soil there. Letting things grow creates a more fascinating garden - you keep discovering new things. And, of course, it creates more biodiversity, which is what you want! 



 

Comments