Prince Charles and the nature challenge for kids

Prince Charles is keen for children to get out and about this half term and connect with nature. I think this is a great idea๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘. 

Just as children need to learn to be empathic towards others so they need to learn to appreciate trees,๐ŸŒฒ๐ŸŒณ flowers ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒน๐Ÿต๐Ÿ’ฎ๐ŸŒธ insects ๐Ÿ•ธ๐Ÿ•ท๐Ÿž๐Ÿ๐Ÿœ๐Ÿ›, birds๐Ÿฆ, hedgerows๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ and the wildlife๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŒ that live there. Then they might learn not to stuff sweet wrappers๐Ÿฌ and other rubbish ๐Ÿซinto people's bushes because they'll realise that this can harm wildlife and they won't wish to do that. They'll empathise with sentient and non-sentiment beings. Equally, they'll learn not to chase birds in parks which causes them stress especially if the birds are young e.g. ducklings. ๐Ÿ˜ช

The first challenge Prince Charles set was to plant seeds from fruit ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’๐ŸŠ๐Ÿ‹or vegetables ๐ŸŒถ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ†you've had for your lunch. Challenge 1 (Monday) is one I've wanted to do for some time but haven't managed. I always end up throwing the seeds or stones in the food bin for the dustman instead of planting them. ๐Ÿ˜ช So Prince Charles has given me the impetus to finally plant the stones I was saving! 

I went out into my garden and dug a few holes in the soil and planted some stones from a fruit I had for my lunch a few days back. I know where I planted them so I'll be keeping an eye๐Ÿ‘€ on them! I did manage, a few years back, to plant a tiny tree๐ŸŒฒ. Indeed, I have a photo๐Ÿ“ท on this very blog of me doing just that. Trouble is I lost track of the tree. I knew where I'd planted it but it wasn't there later (dead or alive) even though I was checking! It never grew big enough and was overtaken by hedgerow. But the birds ๐Ÿฆ love the hedgerow ๐ŸŒฟso I stopped worrying about the tree. I'm hoping that these fruit stones will do better!

The #PoWNatureChallenge 6 tasks are released daily at @clarencehouse on Instagram and Twitter and the Prince of Wales's website. 

If you want birds to visit your garden then a hedgerow and a bucket of water entices them in. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿฆ









Comments