There's a Frog in My Garden!

 


This is so exciting! 😀 ❤ 😍 Here's a ceramic pot in my garden that a frog 🐸has chosen to chill out in. At first, I thought it was a stone I needed to remove from the pot. When I peered closer, I found myself eye-to-eye with a frog. I was looking at it and it was looking at me!👁👁 👀 If you look closely at the photo, you'll see its head and eye just above the water level. I've waited years to capture this 📷 ever since I twice found a toad in my garden, wallowing in a muddly patch under a clump of grass. Where there's a toad, there are often frogs, especially if there's water about. And I have plenty of water for the birds to drink and splash about in, and for any other thirsty animal, such as foxes. Interestingly, it didn't choose any of those water buckets, it chose a water-filled pot with some earth at the bottom and a plant growing in it. 

I love frogs because in the previous house I lived in, we had a pond in the garden which had fish and frogs in it. I was always checking up on this pond, feeding the fish and looking for frogspawn. In the summer, when it was cooler in the evening, you could hear the sound of the frogs and the occasional one would jump near you. That was magical! Unfortunately, we dismantled the pond because I needed space to have a climbing frame, slide and to be able to do sporty activities. 

But I miss my pond, so this plant pot is like a miniature pond. I hope to see it again. The pot is surrounded by long green grass and leaves so I think it felt well hidden until I came along and took photos! It stayed for its photo shoot but when I changed the bird water it hopped away 😪

Below is a short video of the frog. You'll see its throat moving and ripple-like movement in the water and hear birdsong in the background:





















Comments